Rejuvenate Your Joints
GARY AND ESTITTA BUSHKIN, PhD, CNC, say osteoarthritis chronically afflicts more than 75 milliion Americans and costs an estimated $95 billion annually. According to the Bushkins, osteoarthritis and other forewarnings of old age can be "averted with just a handful of simple nutritional changes that spell lasting relief from joint and cartilage deterioration."
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative disease caused by a deficiency of natural constituents found in cartilage, the part of the joint that cushions the end of the bones. Cartilage breakdown causes bones to rub against each other, limiting mobility and causing joint inflammation.
The Bushkins state that prescription drugs abound to improve swelling and pain from inflamed joints. "But they do only that - temporarily reduce pain - without tackling the underlying cause of the problem. And then there are the side effects."
|"Joint pain is typically caused by low levels of natural nutrients that keep joints lubricated."
- Gary and Estitta Bushkin, PhD, CNC
As Americans age, joint problems such as osteoarthritis seem certain to become increasingly common. Fortunately, joint health nutrients have been clinically shown to be as effective as anti-inflammatory drugs.
"The proven powers of natural medicines continue to validate themselves as more studies reinforce their effectiveness," the Bushkins say. "Each year, developments in nutritional science point to boundless new horizons and breakthroughs yet to come."
Top Nutrients for Your Joints
- Glucosamine: According to the Bushkins, glucosamine is probably the best known and widely used joint health supplement. "Glucosamine is naturally concentrated in joint cartilage." It functions as a natural joint lubricant.
- Chondriotin: "Chondroitin protects joints and tendons from injury and decreases pain by reducing inflammation in the affected areas," say the Bushkins.
- MSM: The Bushkins state, "MSM is a form of the element sulfur that is naturally found in our bodies. It is required in every living cell." MSM contributes to the body in many ways including the formation of ligaments, tendons, bones, and joints. "In addition, recent studies indicate that MSM has powerful anti-inflammatory properties."
- Boswelia: According to the Bushkins, sap from the boswellia plant has been used for centuries as a treatment for arthritis and inflammatory conditions. "This natural anti-inflammatory helps relieve pain associated with joint conditions and sports injuries."
- Bromelain: Naturally found in the core of pineapple, bromelain can act as a powerful anti-inflammatory when tken between meals. According to the Bushkins, it moderates the symptoms of osteoarthritis and other inflammatory conditions. Available in ALTRUM Longevity Enzymes.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: "You can get a similar rate of relief from omega-3s in fish oil as from aspirin, ibuprofin, and other anti-inflammatory medications without gastrointestinal problems," says John Klippel, MD, medical director of the Arthritis Foundation. Available in ALTRUM Nutritional Oils.
Glucosamine, Chondriotin, MSM,and Boswellia team up for joint renewal in ALTRUM Joint Formula, providing the most effective joint support ingredients for complete joint health.
* ALTRUM products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.